Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Title My Life

Millie on my "Cris Cross Applesauce" squares.

Wheely Thready Daze Ahead
Preface: I have plenty to learn... I would like to add several photos the one I have here is of Millie on my Criss Cross Applesauce quilt squares (thanks Bonnie Hunter for the pattern). Now I have a design wall so Millie doesn't get to test my quilts quite so early in the process. Anyway, I am sure I can move the picture to another spot but at this point I do not know how. Now on to my explanation of my blog title:

I am going to try to blog a bit as my sweet husband and I head into a whole new phase of life. Our "nest" is empty and we are blessed enough that after a 30 year career, Dan is retiring. We are preparing to head off on a major road trip in our pick-up and camper. We like to stay fit, so besides the camper wheels we will ride on our two wheel mountain bikes as much as possible. So that is "Wheely" which of course, is also a play on the word "really" and I am really excited about life just now!
"Thready"... on the simple level refers to my passion for quilting. I have always done most of my work on my reliable old Viking sewing machine, but since it doesn't get to go on the road. I am trying to stack up some projects for "on-the-go". So far I have begun a hexigon quilt, I have my first attempt at hand quilting a lap quilt going, plus I am going to attempt "fussy cutting" triangles to become another hexigon/kaleidescope quilt. I want to give credit to an inspiring blogger and quilter: Bonnie Hunter, her website is Quiltville.com and her blog is Quiltville's Quips and Snips. Even though we have never met I can say from following her blog she is an amazing woman, quilter and writer. On the next level including "Thready" in my title refers to all of the wonderful "threads of my life". The threads of the internet can be as much fun as those on my needles. Isn't it fun to find bike trails, campgrounds, recipes and how-to videos, etc etc. I love the connectedness of this life.
"Daze" well sometimes as I look ahead I am in a "daze" about the days to come.
They say the more you write the better you get, I hope there is some truth to that. I always feel so impatient with myself when I write a sentence my mind begins to wander to another thought instead of really completing any thought I was on before. I think I have attention deficit disorder at the keyboard! Following my train of thought is like untangling a ball of yarn when the kitty takes her nap. For now I am going to let the rambling go and hope things improve. (That is what the delete button is for, right?)
The other member of our adventure party will be our old dog, Millie. She is 14, deaf and somewhat vision impaired. Millie was a pound puppy, who came to our family when she was about 6 months old. She is some sort of border collie/spaniel/???. Now a days she spends most of the time sleeping, so long rides in the back seat of the crew cab should be fine. We have covered a board with carpet to set on the back seat of the truck to be a platform for Millie to ride on. She will have her bed in a third or half of the seat and we will use the other half of the seat for storage.
We have cleaned out the camper and "rethunk" what we want to have along. Plus we have added a couple drawers on a space that was designed for a TV. It was always wasted space now we each have a drawer for the small clothing items. We added a shelf in the cupboard under those new drawers. It is the space where we put the extra towels but the top half of it has always been empty. Now it will hold miscellaneous household "stuff".
I will put more pictures in my next post if I figure out how to disperse them in the posting. I want to get this first effort up & live.

Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment