Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Little Finishing on the Beginning

I Today is the first day of a new journey. The plan is for it to be our longest trip so far. Long both in distance and duration. It will be great if the pace we have today is typical of the rest of the trip. 
We closed the house and pulled out just before noon. We drove across town and had lunch with our good friends Cathy, Janice & Larry. After a leisurely visit we drove north to Portland then 35 miles east to Ainsworth State Park. We were already parked for the night by 3:30. 
The "finishing" I am doing is on a little lap quilt I started during last fall's trek. I am calling it "9 on the Rails". Each 9 patch has five squares from one shirt, which I picked up at a thrift store in Rapid City, SD. The piecing was complete by February, then it was at my favorite LAQ (that is long arm quilter's) while we traveled this spring. 
I saved this final bit of hand work for the road. I think the quilt will be a nice car sized comfy to have along.
 


To whomever finds these words I wish for them the pleasure of birdsong summer breezes and good company. 
jb




No comments:

Post a Comment