Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas Wishes to All

 I am writing this post instead of sending any other sort of Christmas cards. We have not done those "snail mail" kind for years. I am grateful for the folks who keep up the tradition. I especially enjoy the photo cards and letters. 
 I have been puzzling about what news or message to send... 

This past year was quite spectacular. We participated in building with Habitat for Humanity a total of 6 weeks. For me, there is more "Christmas" in building a shelter and home for a family than there is in contemplating a stable and manger. I don't get too caught up in the whole "put Christ back in Christmas" conversation. Christ is everything and everyone all the time... sometimes we just don't recognize him.
We made some great new friends this year and we look forward to seeing them again. We saw a whole lot of this grand country - we were on the road for 8 months in 2014! Our daughter married a wonderful young man in May in a beautiful ceremony. We had a fun weekend with family and many long time friends. 

Christmas...

 I came across this favorite old card... I always tried to talk the family into a "Charlie Brown tree." They never went for it...maybe next year.


Last evening we had a dozen family friends here for dinner and celebration. Several of the older of the younger generation were missing, our daughter included. "White Elephants" were exchanged- the fruitcake disappeared but the harmonica is still lingering. 
My bags are packed & ready for our train ride to Seattle in the morning to celebrate Christmas with the kids in their home. 

The piecing is complete on my Christmasy half inch hexagon quilt. I plan to have it quilted by the time I have grandbabies to snuggle under it. We will read stories and and share dreams. I guess this is my dream of a Christmas "future". What is yours?

so reader-- are you still with me?      

Our wish for you and those whom you love --
a very joyous and wonderful Christmas 
and a blessed New Year!

Note: I plan to send this to a few folks who may not have previously read my blog. If you want to read some more about our travel adventures and Habitat experiences this past year you can navigate to older posts in the right side of the "full-web version" of this page.




No comments:

Post a Comment