Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Oddest Word in English Language

Today is a long day about being patient & being a patient. I don't really have any news. Dan & I said our good-byes about 7:30 in the pre-op preparation area. I think Dan was more concerned about parking passes and security of our belongings at the B&B than about the surgery. I went back to my lodgings for a coffee and a tasty breakfast. 
 I returned to the hospital & settled into a sunny spot in the atrium at the top of the tram to quilt and wait. The OR nurse called at 9 to let know things were fine and they had started the operation at about 8:45. I don't expect to hear anything else until after noon. 
It got too warm in the atrium so I shifted to the "Surgery Waiting Area" where it is a tad cooler and there is power to keep my phone charged. 
The newest member of our family is named Thoedore Scott; so I couldn't resist making a Teddy Scott quilt for him. 
Here is the whole picture. I am hand quilting while I practice being "patient".

Thank-you for all of your messages which I have passed on to Dan & for your continued prayers. 
jb


No comments:

Post a Comment